Accessibility Statement for loveandlogic.co.uk
This website is run by Love & Logic, trading name of Design By Day Ltd. I want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
I’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
I know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- a very small number of images may not have alt tags
- some videos do not have captions
- some videos do not have audio description
- the form error alert boxes are missing alert roles
- the ‘Start your Project’ form is missing a label for the consent and privacy field
- some links have the same accessible name do not serve a similar purpose
- Videos that are embedded from 3rd party services such as Vimeo and Youtube do not have accessible titles in their iframes.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- 0161 806 1590
I will consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
I’m always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think I’m not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 806 1590.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Love & Logic is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Alt Tags on Images
A very small number of images may not have alt tags. Whilst I have been vigorous with adding rich and meaningful alternative text descriptions, there may be a small number of images that are missing them.
This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
When I publish new content I’ll make sure my use of images meet accessibility standards.
Some videos do not have captions so the audio content in them isn’t available to people who are deaf or hard of hearing. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded).
I plan to add captions to all video content by 14th February 2023. When I publish new content I’ll make sure my use of video meets accessibility standards.
Some videos do not have audio descriptions so the video content in them isn’t available to people who are blind deaf or visually impaired. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) and Success Criterion 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded).
I plan to add audio descriptions to all video content by 31st October 2023. When I publish new content I’ll make sure my use of video meets accessibility standards.
Start Your Project Form
The ‘Start your Project’ form does not have a label for the consent / privacy field. This can make the intention of the filed unclear and does not meet WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 3.3.2 Labels or Instructions.
I plan to have this fixed by 14th February 2023.
Some links have the same accessible name do not serve a similar purpose and link to different URLs. This makes it difficult to understand the purpose of the link for those using assistive technologies and does not meet WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context)
I plan to add aria labels to these links to make their purpose clear by 14th February 2023
• Embedded video frames
The contact form alert boxes do not have aria role=’alert’ and may not meet Success Criterion 3.3.1 (Error Identification).
I’ve assessed the cost of fixing the error identification issue. I believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. This form is built using theGravity Forms plugin for WordPress. There is no intention to change form plugin at this time as Gravity Forms for the most part are highly accessible and continue to improve with the release of each update.
How I tested this website
This website was last tested on 20th September 2022. The test was carried out by Love & Logic.
I used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test: I chose at least one page from each website template.
- The main website platform, available at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/
- The ‘My Story’ page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/my-story/
- The ‘Manifesto’ page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/manifesto/
- The ‘Motion Design’ service page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/motion-design/
- The ‘Brand Identity’ service page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/brand-identity/
- The ‘Design & Illustration’ service page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/design-illustration/
- The ‘Creative Social Content’ service page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/creative-social-content/
- The ‘Work’ index page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/work/
- 2 x ‘Work’ posts at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/work/online4baby-brand-strategy-visual-identity/ and https://loveandlogic.co.uk/work/octagon-theatre-rebrand/
- The blog index at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/thoughts-feelings/
- A blog post at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/thoughts-feelings/brand-archetypes-a-series-post-1-of-13/
- The contact page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/contact/
- The ‘Start Your Project’ page at https://loveandlogic.co.uk/start-your-project/
What I’m doing to improve accessibility
My accessibility roadmap below shows how and when I plan to improve accessibility on this website:
- Add missing label to the consent and privacy field on the ‘Start your Project’ form by 14th Feb 2023
- Add aria labels to these links that have different purposes but share the same name by 14th February 2023
- Add add accessible titles to iframes embedded from Vimeo and Youtube by 14th Feb 2023
- Add captions to all videos by 14th February 2023
- Add audio descriptions to all videos by 31st October 2023
This statement was prepared on 10th September 2022 It was last updated on 31st October 2022.